Sunday, November 26, 2006

Something Worth Sharing

Friends,

I feel that it is important to tell you, so as not to take credit for myself, that the next series of devotions I plan on writing were inspired by some writing of Charles G. Finney (The Relations of Christ to the Believer; http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Voice/Relations.Christ.Believer.html#LECTURE%2062).

You can check out Mr. Finney's biography here: http://www.charlesgfinney.com/index.htm

I was quite moved by our Lord by some of Mr. Finney's lectures. I understand that God is leading me to expound upon and share some of the things He has taught me through this fresh reading of Mr. Finney's lectures.

The series will be called "What We Should Know About OUR Jesus!". All of the devotions that will follow in this series were motivated by Mr. Finney's writings and understanding of God's word. Where I quote him, Mr. Finney will be credited. The ideas for each devotion would be properly given to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, for there is nothing new under the sun. Added to that, I want to be careful to say that most of my thoughts were sparked when reading Mr. Finney's lectures. Feel free to hit the above link and read Mr. Finney's comments for yourself.

I hope you enjoy!


Grace and peace to you from God the Father and Jesus the Son,
Tim Bowes
Romans 12:1-2

No comments: