Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Rant--I hope a righteous rant

There is a seemingly popular thought these days that we need to make people agree that Jesus lived and died; I'll go along with that, but only to the point that acknowledging those facts is the seed--the very beginnings of awakening--that leads to growing transformation every day til such a one is called home to glory. We've got some crazy notions about salvation these days; I'll say it's rather unbiblical. We don't need church members who know stuff; we need holy Christians that live stuff. We need folks that have come to hate THEIR OWN SIN. We need folks that have come to understand that to follow the Lord is the real pleasure in life and living in sin is the real pain. We've somehow gotten those two things mixed up. We need people who abide in prayer as sustenance rather than people who say words to the sky in a strain. I'm waiting for the Christian folks in America to wake up. I'm surely not bragging when I say it, but my eyes are wide open and I don't think I can ever sleep again. I'm not half as bad as I used to be--and I'm not settling that bit on such a rotten note--too many are satisfied with painting the outside of their spiritual closets without doing a thing about the mess inside. Such disarray! We've gotten so used to living in a mess that we don't even see the holy potential that awaits any of us who will walk in the righteousness of Christ. Wake up! Wake up!

If you were to look back over your life today--as one taking inventory--would you have more regrets or more victories?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen Brother!

twbowes said...

Lisa, out of curiosity, how did you "stumble" across my blog? I am pretty new at this and the whole deal blows my mind!

Oh, by the way, thanks for stopping by!