Friday, March 09, 2007

Volunteers Needed (PUH-LEEEEAASE!!!)

Hey Y'all,

The wonderful thing is that tomorrow, Saturday, March 10, 2007 The Warehouse will have full coverage via the wonderful ministries of Bethel Hill and North Roxboro churches. That's good news! I know they will come and help share THE GOOD NEWS!

Here's where the begging comes in....we need help tonight, March 9, 2007. Marshall and Lori Bailey and my wife and myself are serving from 4-10. Rev. Keith Kimball is serving from 4-7 and Rev. Mike Carr is coming to help us open before going to a wedding rehearsal (Mike is ALWAYS ready to serve!). Other than that, I have no knowledge of others who have committed to serve tonight. IF you can and will serve tonight, let me know by responding to this email.

The ACC tournament...what's this have to do with YFC? Nothing really. I just thought I'd mention that this is the first time we have been open during an ACC tourney weekend. I do think it is affecting our volunteer response, but I don't know if the students will come out to The Warehouse today and tomorrow or if they will stay at home and watch the tourney. I know I watched the tourney every year when I was a student. Why am I telling you all this...specifically because I remember Halloween...we didn't think Halloween would be any different than other nights...as it turned out, only a few students came out that night...the volunteers for that night were discouraged that so few students were there. What will we do next Halloween? I don't know. We might have something special and godly to keep the students off the street that night. I really don't know. I THINK Halloween will come on a Wednesday this year, so it will be a moot point. Still, I want to think about the reality of tonight. If we had cable I'd televise the games. (IF a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't hit its behind when it jumped.) Back to the tourney...if you want a look at the brackets and game schedule, follow this link: http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/acc-mtournament-central-2007.html

At any rate...I'd love to hear from you IF you can serve. If you cannot, then I beg you to commit a few moments of prayer to our efforts today. You can look on my blogsite (linked below my signature line) for dates that other volunteers are needed or look further below.

God bless you today...I love you all...thank you for continuing to serve in the work of reaching students for the glory of God.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:16-17)

Grace and peace to you from God the Father and Jesus the Son,
Tim Bowes
Romans 12:1-2

No comments: