Saturday, July 14, 2007

Why such foolishness?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/?GT1=10150


Hit the link; read for yourself....

What the article basically says is that Pope Benedict is reasserting the traditional Roman Catholic view that they are the only Christians on the planet. They are reaffirming THEIR traditional view that they belong to the "one true church" and that anyone that does not recognize the apostolic succession of the papal see is not a Christian.

I guess I am not a Christian by THEIR standards. Good thing is I don't care. I know in WHOM I have believed and am convinced He is able to raise me on that day.

Now, having said that, I am not ready to completely break fellowship with people who call themselves Roman Catholic (RC).

I fellowship with every kind of sinner that I possibly can; Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pagans, Muslims, Pentecostals, Episcopalians and Anglicans, Jews, Unitarians, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Evolutionists, Atheists, Hindus, Taoists, United Brethren, Lutherans, Eastern Orthodoxies....

I could go on and on....

Here's what is important to me....Jesus said, "You are with me or against me..." (my paraphrase of Matthew 12:30. Jesus did not say whoever is with the Pope and affirms the sacraments of the RC church. According to the RC church it takes a lot of stuff to get saved. According to THE BIBLE it takes whole-hearted trust in Christ (Romans 10:9-10). So, I don't really care what you call yourself or what others might call you...I care whether you are with Christ or not...

To be sure, what it means to be with Christ is that we obey Him, love each other, and bear fruit (John 15).

I like all people and I relate to the on the basis of how I can show them Christ...for people that are against Christ, I look for ways to point them to Him; for people that are for Him, I look for ways I can grow together with them in Him.

At any rate...I could go on and on and on...

I guess it just bothers me that so many people act so stupid...

Read the article for yourself, but in the end I think we would be more wise to read the Scriptures and to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Pax Vobiscum

No comments: