Monday, January 03, 2011

Support Seeking

Hello, and greetings in the name of our Lord! Following our mission trip to Esteli this past summer, Youth For Christ Nicaragua National Director, Alberto Leiva, visited with us for three weeks earlier this fall. During his time here Alberto attended our Fruitful Disciple training. Alberto has requested that I come to Esteli and perform that training twice in a week’s time for 100+ YFC volunteers and local youth workers during the week of January 27, 2011February 3, 2011.

Financially speaking, this is a monumental undertaking. I am writing to ask for your help. Airfare, ground travel, lodging and food will cost $1,800.00. In addition, YFC-Nicaragua will not  be able to host a conference of this size without financial assistance, so I will need to raise an additional $1,000.00 to pay for materials and meals and equipment rental for the training sessions.

When we were in Nicaragua last summer, one of our missions was to help YFCN gain new volunteers by increasing their exposure to the believing community as we reached out to the unbelieving community. It worked! Within a month of leaving they had over 35 new volunteers! Now, we’re being asked to help YFCN better equip their new volunteer staff.

So, I need your help to raise this $2,800.00. I know that this looks like a lot of money, but with your help, I will be able to do this. I ask that you spend some time in prayer and ask God for some guidance. The amount is only important in the sense that we’ve obeyed God in our giving. All donations are tax-deductible! I also want you to know that I cannot do this without your help.  So, thank you for your time and generous support.

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14


Grace and peace to you from God the Father and Jesus the Son,


Tim Bowes


Romans 12:1-2

No comments: