Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I am not ashamed of the Gospel!


"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, 'The righteous shall live by faith.'" (Romans 1:16-17, ESV)

Yes, I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel!

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of God. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of the Kingdom.

It demands response from the God who demands worship. It demands surrender from the God who demands allegiance. It demands holiness from the God who is holy. It provides salvation through the God who is Savior. It commends the hell-bound to the hand of the Heavenly. It calls the lost sheep to be found by the Good Shepherd. It breaks bondage, conquers sin, kills death and grants life to the spiritually dead. It opens heaven and locks hell; it binds the wounded and blesses the brokenhearted. It gives purpose to the unfilled and hope to the hopeless.

Yes, this Jesus, in whom we can be saved, and by whom we must be saved if we will be saved, He is Whom the Gospel proclaims. There is the name I love to hear, and it's Jesus!

No way! I am NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL!


No comments: