Friday, January 08, 2021

I'm not perfect....

I'm not perfect...

Sometimes, we use the above phrase as an excuse; sometimes, as an apology. Sometimes, it's a self-realization, or an inventory. At other times, it's a confession. All the time, it's a fact.

I know God is not letting up in the work He's doing in me (ref. Philippians 1:6). I know it's right and wise to join Him in His work in me with every good sense and all strong effort (ref. Philippians 2:12 and Romans 12:1-2).

But, why? For some, that's the question. Why work on God's idea of perfect? Simple, it's His plan for us to be like Jesus (ref. Romans 8:28-29). It's the call to live Kingdom minded (see Matthew 6:33).

But, the "why" for me is most sufficiently answered by these words: "...because Christ Jesus has made me his own." (Philippians 3:12 ESV) Because Jesus has made me His own... wow. My life is secure in Him, not because I'm good, but because He is good to me.

How, then, shall I live? I shall live in response to Him who has made me His own. I'm not perfect. There, I said it. It is not an excuse, but it can be an apology...to God...and to man. I know it about me. I freely confess it. It's true; I'm not perfect. But. I. PRESS. ON!

Not just to breathe, but in the high calling...

Not just to get by, but to respond to Him who has loved me...

...to Him who has made me His own.

Not just to say I'm trying, but to be more like Jesus...

...I press on.

I'm not perfect, but I press on to become perfect. I'm working it out, but only because He's working in me.

I live in response to Him who has made me His own. I press on.

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." (Philippians 3:12 ESV)



No comments: