Friday, February 14, 2020

What are you desires today?

Desires of the godly...
King David wrote, "Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long." (Psalm 25:4-5 ESV)
David desired vision. He said, "Make me to know Your ways..." The KJV says, "Shew me Thy ways..." David didn't simply want A vision; David desired God's vision. David wanted to know the path God would have him go, the work God would have him pursue, and the way God looked at him, others, and the world around him. David desired vision!

David desired knowledge. David asked God to "...teach me Your paths..." or, as the NLT says, "...point out the road for me to follow." David wanted to know the way to go and the way of the Lord and the pitfalls and potential of a life surrendered to God. David knew his ways, and he'd seen the ways of man. David now desired to know things as God knows them.
David desired truth. He said, "Lead me in Your truth..." See, dear friend, David wasn't interested in facts and pursuing his own agenda, the desires of the flesh, or the guessing game of following his own deceptive heart. David didn't want mere facts. David wanted truth. He wanted to be guided into constant God-reality and eternal perspective and holy values.
David desired the lordship of God. He said, "...teach me..." David longed to be a student of God, a disciple, a surrendered sheep in the Shepherd's flock, a sent servant at the Master's command.
The desires of the godly...
Vision. Truth. Knowledge. Lordship.
What are your desires today? To whom / what do you look for fulfillment?

No comments: