Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I've been dead.

Him and the cause...

People came out to see Lazarus after he was raised from the dead. Wouldn't you? After all, it was not a magic trick. I mean, really, that guy had been dead. As Lazarus' own sister said, "He stinketh."

Yes, people came out to see Lazarus, raised from the dead. And, they came to see The Cause of Lazarus' life. They came out to see Jesus.

The Apostle John reports: "When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well, because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus." (John 12:9-11 ESV)

Wow, did you see that? Not only did people come out to see Jesus and Lazarus, some also came out to make plans to kill both of them too. Kill Lazarus, and kill The Cause of Lazarus.

I've been dead. Yep. You read that right. I was DEAD spiritually; dead in my trespasses and sins. I was full of dead works. My relationship with the Father was dead. Jesus called me out of that grave. Ask my kinfolk, they would've been glad to tell you...morally, spiritually, righteously..."He stinketh."

Then, Jesus called me into life. He called me to it and caused it for me!

Every soul that is not quickened by the Lord Jesus is still dead in their trespasses and sins, and no matter what worldly morals or so-called-good-works they do, they stinketh. Read the Apostle Paul's words in Ephesians 2:1-3 and you'll see my report is accurate.

Now, a word to my brothers and sisters...listen, if you've been given life by Jesus, it's His life that's in you. SOME will come out to meet the new you and the same old Jesus. SOME will come out to plot. IF we share in His glory, we will share in Jesus's sufferings. Get your head right! Read 2 Timothy 2:12 and Romans 5:17 and 1 Peter 4:13. We cannot expect everyone to treat Christians all sweet and nice; the world hates Jesus and the world hates Jesus in people.

For those that are longing to see Jesus, be faithful. For those that are longing to hate on Jesus, be humble. If folks come to see the new you, make sure you introduce them to The Cause.


No comments: