Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Pride will lay a soul low...

Sometimes our pride causes us to overestimate our strength. 

"The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, 'Who will bring me down to the ground?'" (Obadiah 1:3 ESV) 

Sometimes we think our tools and resources will deliver us. 

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." (Psalm 20:7 ESV) 

Sometimes our pride causes us to think we have strength in and of ourselves to deliver us from various troubles. 

But God does not "...delight...in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man" (Psalm 147:10). 

Like happened to Edom, counting on the wrong strengths and partners can push us to and over the edge, and into ruin. "All your allies have driven you to your border; those at peace with you have deceived you; they have prevailed against you; those who eat your bread have set a trap beneath you—you have no understanding." (Obadiah 1:7 ESV)

What shall we do? We shall count God as our strength! We shall wait upon the Lord! We shall glory in Him and sing and give thanks as we wait! HE WILL PREVAIL! HE cannot fail!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." (Psalm 28:7  ESV)


No comments: