Friday, September 04, 2020

Are you aware of your sins and weaknesses?

Not perfect, but aware and surrendered... 

"You can't judge me!" I hear it all the time; not always in those words, but always that sentiment.

When I hear it I want to say, "Well, you're right, and you're wrong." 

You're right. I'm not the judge. I cannot judge perfectly, even if I were called to be a judge. But, the biggest thing is this: I'm judged too. I cannot be in the place of the One whom we both stand before. 

You're wrong. I can judge others along with judging myself. See that? See the difference? I can see and say, "WE are wrong. WE are judged. WE are part of the 'all' have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." I can also point out Scriptural ideals and help each of us to pursue the Lord and listen for His judgment. It's not that "I" am judging "you"; rather, I am pointing out that we are judged by God. 

Make sense? 

Here's the real heart of the thing: "He also told them a parable: 'Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?'" (Luke 6:39 ESV) The real heart of Luke 6:37-42 is simple; before judging anyone, let us judge ourselves. Before judging anyone, be sure we are aware of our own sin and faults and weaknesses. Before attempting to tell anyone else their problems, make sure we are aware of our own, humbled before the Lord and ready for Him to work in us. 

See, I'm not perfect. I am aware of my massive imperfections. The question for me is am I grieved over my sin? Am I surrendering to the Father? Am I calling out to the Son? Am I being filled by God's Spirit? Am I seeking healing? Am I willing to receive His mercy AND 'go and sin no more'? 

Judging is NOT about standing in God's place and pointing the finger at others. Judging is realizing that all of creation stands in God's presence and He is opening His hand to any who would receive. We are judged; He is merciful in Christ Jesus.



No comments: