Tuesday, December 01, 2020

I follow Jesus.

I follow Jesus...

Be they politician, preacher, or prognosticator, no man takes leadership of my life over the Lord Jesus. Period. Jesus is Lord and Jesus is my Lord. Jesus saves and Jesus is my Savior. 

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. Fact is, my hope is built on nothing less, and it needs nothing more. 

I urge you, brothers and sisters, as sojourners and temporary travelers on this glob of mud, remember the high calling we have in Christ Jesus. Remember Him whose we are lest we surrender our self to another or others.

Consider the following: "I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, 'I follow Paul,' or 'I follow Apollos,' or 'I follow Cephas,' or 'I follow Christ.' Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power." (1 Corinthians 1:10-17 ESV)

What controversies are springing up among confessing believers? What politicians have we given lordship of our lives to? We prove it in our every day allegiance. What preacher do we listen to without testing the spirits? Do we take up the Scriptures to see if what is being told us is solid? (We most definitely SHOULD!) What prognosticator --be they newsman, economist, teacher, etc.-- are we allowing to shape our view of future and now? Do we sit at the Lord Jesus' feet and let Him shape our worldview?

Many Christians claim Jesus is Lord, but we let people rule our hearts, minds and spirits us in all practicality. 

I follow Jesus. Come on, and go with me, and let US follow Him together!



No comments: