Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Think about how well you'd fit in heaven...

Think about how well you'd fit in heaven...

You wouldn't. Let me go ahead and tell you. Sorry / not sorry. This truth burns, but, wait, it also blesses...then challenges. 

For those who believe on the name of Jesus and receive Him, we are given the right to become sons and daughters of God. We are hidden in Jesus now, and there will come a time when we will experience a full transformation and receive a new body, a heavenly frame.

Even now, for believers, while we are still trotting this big ball of planet known as earth, God is shaping us into the image of His Son. 

IF anyone would / could / should understand not deserving our position, it should be we Christians. We ought to get it! We are not heavenly; we are not celestial beings! We are mere blood and bone; we are dust, animated not by biology, but by the will of God -- born spiritually dead; in need of the miracle of spiritual birth. 

We've gotten what we've never deserved in place of what we clearly deserve. It's by GRACE we are saved! It's nothing we can brag on about ourselves. We are left only room to brag on God. 

So, my beloved brothers and sisters, hear my heart...what's our problem? Why are hearts not tender? Why do we forget grace? Why do we struggle to include others who don't belong when we ourselves have been included where we don't belong? 

I know, I know...we are scared. I get it. There are a lot of scary things going on in the world. Think about it, though, God didn't only risk Himself for us; He GAVE Himself for us!

Do you want to know why my heart can receive those different than me? This..."Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory." (Romans 15:7 NLT)

So, poorer than me...richer, too...I'm widening my heart for you. Darker than me...lighter, too...I'm widening my heart for you.Smarter than me...same as me...I'm widening my heart for you. Different language than me...English speaker, too...I'm widening my heart for you. Same God as me...you claim another or none...I'm widening my heart for you. Whoever you are, wherever you are...I'm widening my heart for you. God is making it a 1,000 lane super-highway; He is making it wide for all that He loves. 

I've never belonged on my own accord...
... or skill...
... or genealogy...
... or character...
... or affluence...
... or influence...

I was brought in. By grace, I was invited and received. Mercy made a way for me. 

Who am I not to at least attempt to extend the same courtesy? 

I'm widening my heart for you. Widen yours for me too.



No comments: