Monday, December 21, 2020

Whenever you are wondering what to do with yourself...

Whenever you are wondering what to do with yourself...

I like to use a big tablespoon when I eat. The other night, I was breaking up ice with one of my favorite tablespoons. Later on, I was thinking about scooping out some cat food with that same spoon. I paused. I know I can wash it...I mean, right? I know I can. But, I didn't scoop the cat food. I just shook the little pouch till it all came out. 

Would I scrape mud off my boots with that spoon?

Would I shovel dirt with it?

Will I stir paint with that spoon?

Would I use it to get my phone out of the toilet?

How far is too far with something that is set aside for something else?

Believers, what are we set apart for? What do we do with our members? What is going too far?

When we surrendered to God, He set us apart. Discover what for. Surely, it's not for common use. Surely, it's not for base living.

Paul said, "I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification." (Romans 6:19 ESV)

Meditate these things with me, brothers and sisters.



No comments: