Friday, October 30, 2020

Holy restlessness.

Do you know about holy restlessness? 

God is always drawing people to Himself. Always. For the lost, God is drawing them to begin with Him. For the saved, God is calling us to abide in Him. For the seeker, God is calling them to be pleased with Him. 

For every man, woman, boy, or girl, God is calling us to serve Him. Eternity is in our hearts. We long to build and bless.

Too often we attempt to answer holy restlessness with unholy activity. Much of our running to and fro is us giving the wrong answer to the right question. We are being called to act, but to act for God ... to act with God! For Him, that others might be served, won, built up, blessed, etc. With God, that we might worship Him, enjoy Him, rest in Him, and so much more!

The yearning to know and do and be and build and go ... that could be holy restlessness! Don't brush it off! Don't fill it up with junk.

Wait with God. Go for God.

I know part of my holy restlessness is that I want to enjoy God and I want God to enjoy me. I want to win souls and build up believers.

I am praying. I am listening. I am in the Word. I am waiting with God.

Psalm 55:2a says, "Attend to me, and answer me; I am restless..."



No comments: