Thursday, March 05, 2020

Faithful with the gospel till the gospel reaches all...

The nations coming to the table...
The promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:3 is still coming to pass. All the families and nations of the world are being blessed through Abraham's offspring, Jesus the Christ. The work of the church around the globe, being led of the Spirit, is working to carry the gospel to every tribe and every tongue.
I love the episode in Matthew 8:5-13 where the centurion's faith makes Jesus marvel. There, we get further affirmation of God's plan for the nations: "I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:11-12 ESV)
I want to respond to the reality of God's plan with a glocal mindset. I want a global concern with local labor.
I care about the gospel being shared everywhere, with everyone, so I pray for the church and her emissaries all over the globe. As God gives opportunity, I want to be engaged in supporting those who are endeavoring to take the gospel to unreached people groups and with those who are planting churches in places where there is no church.
Likewise, I want to be faithful right where my feet are today. I want to share the gospel with families who don't know Jesus, be faithful in a Bible teaching church, support other faithful local churches, and help build up the believers all around me.
The nations are coming to the banquet table of God! I want to do my part in sending invitations!

No comments: