Saturday, March 14, 2020

Recognize the voice and render yourself to the Victor.

Know who is speaking to your spirit...
Satan often is factual, but rarely interested in truth.
Satan will point out your sins, flaws, weaknesses, negative proclivities and any other possible wrong or regret in your life. Satan will tell you that those things are who you are, and that God is deeply disappointed in you. Satan will tell you that you cannot change and there is no hope. Satan often attempts to convince people that God hates them, or that they've gone so far, or sinned so bad that God will not receive them. AND -- be sure to get this -- Satan will do this by blatantly and accurately pointing out facts based in reality. For example, if you are a liar, Satan will call you a liar, but his purpose will be to make you drown in your guilt and drive you away from God.
God will also point out your sins, flaws, weaknesses, negative proclivities and any other broken, misshapen, immature, or bondage you have as well. However, when God does those things, He is acting as Great Physician and Holy Judge. He is diagnosing that He may draw you in.
Satan sounds like this: "You are so selfish. All you think of is you. You will never change!" And, if you get right minded enough to say back to Satan, "But, God..." he will reply with, "GOD?! You talk about God? Ludicrous! Do you think God will deal with the likes of YOU? God does love some, but not people like YOU! Don't YOU dare call on God after the way you've acted!"
God sounds like this: "You are selfish. Come here. Come to Me. Your selfishness is a burden to you. I'd like to life it from you. I'd like to heal the wounds it's caused you. I'd like to make it right. I'd like you to experience me." IF we reply to God, "But, God..." He will say, "Yes? You called? I know, you want to give me reasons you're not worthy. I know all those reasons...probably better than you, and you're right, but I'm not coming to you on the basis of your goodness or badness...I'm coming because I desire to be good to you."
Or, Satan often sounds like this, "Sin? Really? God is love. Your sin doesn't really matter." That's the kind of hogwash that enemy says to keep us in the sin and away from the healing.
God would say, "I'm holy. I will not ignore your sin. It offends Me and it hurts you. Come here. I will redeem you."
Satan tells facts about our sin, but not the truth about God.
God refuses to lie to us about our sin, but holds the truth out to us to receive.
I love this passage: "The LORD was very angry with your fathers. Therefore say to them, Thus declares the LORD of hosts: Return to me, says the LORD of hosts, and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 1:2-3 ESV)
And this: "Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1:18 ESV)
And this: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 ESV)
Satan ALWAYS desires to steal, kill and destroy. The enemy's biggest thrill is to separate us from God.
God DOES NOT ignore sin, but God will forgive sin and change the sinner. I love Exodus 34:7, which beautifully points this out: "...keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation." (ESV)
Yes, the Lord God is angry with sin. No, God does not ignore sin, nor does He make light of it, nor does God pretend it does not offend Him. At the same time, God woos we sinners that He might win we sinners that we might share His divine nature. Healing starts when we get this: "I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,' and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah" (Psalm 32:5 ESV)
Friend, Satan will confront you with accurate facts, but not with redemptive truth. God, however, will confront our sin, but His goal is to save and sanctify the sinner.
Know who is speaking to your spirit, and respond to facts in truth.

No comments: