Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Without Jesus, one has no spiritual life...

Wrestle with whether one believes it, yes, but not whether it says it...
The Bible plainly says if one does not have Jesus one does not have spiritual life. The Apostle John put it plainly: "Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:12 ESV)
So, one might wrestle with whether they believe that truth, but one cannot wrestle with whether the Bible says the need for the life of Jesus is in it or not. It's there. It's simple.

As for me, I believe it. I believe with Jesus, one has spiritual life. I also believe without Jesus one is spiritually dead.
I don't believe baptism saves, but the saved get baptized.
I don't believe church membership saves, but the saved join with the church.
I don't believe good works save, but the saved do good works.
If the Bible is to be believed, and I believe it IS to be believed, one HAS to have the Son to have life. Without Jesus, one is dead in spirit and when the body dies, the spirit dead spirit will be eternally separated from the Living God. With Jesus, the body may die, but the living spirit carries on in unending fellowship with the Living God.
Do you believe in the necessity of Christ?
Do you believe in the exclusivity of Christ?
Have you received life from Christ?
Do not be surprised to discover you must be born again...

No comments: