Saturday, March 07, 2020

Fear not...

Jesus encourages the fearful and fainting...
"When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, 'Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.'" (Revelation 1:17-18 ESV)
Jesus says, "Fear not..."
He saw all that has ever been come into existence and He will be there to see it all rolled up like a scroll and reduced to ashes.
Jesus says, "Fear not...I died..." Jesus has seen the dark valley. He understands what it's like to die and to be dead. He tells His people to not be afraid of that. He's been there; He understands.
Jesus says, "Fear not...I am alive..." Jesus's story didn't end with Him dying on the cross. Jesus defeated death! He rose from the dead! All who have come to Him through the cross find Him alive and able to keep them secure through death and into the resurrection of the redeemed.
Jesus says, "Fear not...I have the keys..." Jesus has authority! He decides who and when to take away into death. Jesus will open the door to the grave and to hell, and He will usher any soul who goes there to their just reward. Have no fear, if Jesus is your friend, Lord and Savior...when He calls you from this mortal coil, it is to bring you through death to Himself. Have no fear, if Jesus calls the wicked off this mortal coil, it is to begin the process of opening hell and ridding the righteous of the wicked.
For we who are in Christ, whether we face living or dying or whether we are facing tomorrow here or eternity there, "Fear not...", Jesus is in control.

No comments: