Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Christ and Him crucified...

"For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified"
I want to live this, preach this, know this in the fabric of my being. I don't want to be a slick talker. I don't want followers. I want to follow Jesus and preach Jesus and cheer others on to following Jesus. I don't need disciples. I am a disciple myself. I have a Master. I want to know Christ, and Him crucified, and to count everything else as trash.
Let my testimony be that I come to you proclaiming Christ.
Let my speech be simple.
Let me know Christ above all things!
Let my weakness show His strength.
Let a fear of God make my own bones rattle within me.

May the Spirit demonstrate Himself in power through the simplicity of preaching Christ.
Lord, help me, to only point people to Jesus. Father, I know I have no wisdom of my own. Use my mouth, my very life, to point others to faith in Christ.
"And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5, ESV)

No comments: