Friday, January 31, 2020

Make the Bible YOUR BOOK!


You have to make the Bible your book...
You have to take it in, think it up, and speak it out. Meditate on God's word, and then utter it from your mouth. Seek how to speak into and over every single issue of life.
"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." (Romans 15:4 ESV)

Get into Psalm 119. Read Romans. Study the Gospel of John. Read Proverbs.
The philosophy of those ancient Hebrews is older than Greek, Arab, or Latin philosophies, and more sensible than those philosophies too.
The Judeo-Christian ethic is brilliant. It demands much from Christian adherents, and allows for much from non-adherents, and makes provision for a just, verdant society.
Most importantly, the God who reveals His person and character in that holy book is really dialogical, desiring conversation and communication with the mankind He has made. And that in an abiding relationship.
Our country has truly lost her way. We have to make the Bible our book. My hope is in God, my country is His Kingdom, and my home is His many mansions. That I may be salt, and have any hope of being light, the Spirit has to be filling me, and the Bible has to be my book. In Him and this is the only way I see to have hope.

No comments: