Saturday, January 04, 2020

The friends of Jesus.

Jesus calls His disciples friends...
As believers; as people who have placed trust and faith in Christ Jesus, God calls us friends.
"No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15 ESV)

You've heard it said: you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. In our case, God picked us for both. He wants our company.
Let that sink into your heart...
This old world makes you feel like you're not wanted. God wants you.

In Christ Jesus, He calls you friend. He wants to spend time with you, hear your stories, laugh with you, comfort you as you weep, struggle beside you as you journey along; God wants you.

No comments: