Thursday, July 30, 2020

Let's talk about Jesus.

Talk about God = fine.

Talk about Jesus = uh oh.

I believe the only way one can know God is through Jesus.

I believe God desires to reveal Himself in truth to the nations.

I believe God is willing to receive people to Himself through Jesus.

When we talk about God / god without being clear exactly what God / god we are talking about, we leave room for people (and ourselves) to believe it to be the God our own understanding, and possibly own creation, rather than Adonai ha Elohim (the LORD, the one true God).

"God also said to Moses, 'Say this to the people of Israel, ''The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.'' This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.'" (Exodus 3:15 ESV)

If we do not have a revelation worldview -- that is, that we have received revelation from God, particularly through HIS WORD -- then we will create a false god and live life revealing that false god to the world in our words and actions.

When I talk about God, I am talking about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I am talking about Adonai (LORD = YHWH / Jehovah) ha Elohim (the one true God). When I talk about God, I am talking about Jesus --- God come to us in the flesh. When I talk about God, I am talking about I AM.

When God gave Israel the Law, He spoke to Moses in this way... "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery." (Exodus 20:2 ESV) That is, God said, "I am Jehovah, your Elohim..." In a very specific way, God was saying, "This is not some god. I am THE only real and the one true God."

No one minds when we speak about God in generalities, because then we can fill in whoever that god is with whatever we feel like filling it / him / her with.

When we have a revelation worldview, we are left to receive God as HE IS, not as we want Him to be. When we do not receive the revelation of the one true God, we make Him to be whatever we want Him to be, and thus create a false God.

Now, let's talk about Jesus! You know who I am talking about, right? He is the One True God; the Express Image of the Father! All other gods are false.


No comments: