Friday, July 31, 2020

Next man / woman up!

A willing life...

Can it be said I have a willing life? 

Does God have to force me into a corner before I will serve Him? 

Does He have to make it easy? 

Must it be something I personally enjoy before I will obey God? 

Will I answer the call in tough times? 

Am I a man of ease?

Sometimes, a very small testimony will send us searching deep within: "...and next to him Amasiah the son of Zichri, a volunteer for the service of the LORD, with 200,000 mighty men of valor." (2 Chronicles 17:16 ESV)

To review: 

--Amasiah: a man. 
--A volunteer: a willing man. 
--The service of the Lord: a willing, surrendered man. 
--With 200,000: a willing, surrendered man of fellowship. 
--Mighty men of valor: a willing, surrendered man of fellowship with the men of God.

Am I willing? Willing for what? 
Am I surrendered? Surrendered to whom?
Am I in fellowship? Fellowship with whom?
Am I valorous? Valorous for the what?

O Lord, make me a willing, valorous man, surrendered to You, not frozen in fear, but mighty in conflict against the sin in self, brave in standing for others, fearless in Your will, counted with those who love You and others, no matter the cost.


No comments: